top of page


The biggest investment most people will ever make is in their home. That’s why it makes sense to protect the sizable financial investment you’ve made in your own home with a comprehensive homeowners plan.  Your home purchase is an investment deserving the protection that only an experienced insurance professional can provide.

  • Your home, condo, or apartment
  • Other buildings or structures on your property
  • Your personal belongings - furniture, clothing, appliances, etc.
  • Additional living expenses
  • Your personal legal liability
Q:   What is homeowners insurance?
A:    Homeowners insurance is a form of personal lines insurance. The typical homeowners policy has two main sections: 
1) covers the property of the insured and 
2) provides personal liability coverage to the insured.
Q:   What do I need to know when purchasing homeowners insurance?
A:   -Get the amount and type of insurance that you need.
       -Determine the amount of personal property insurance and personal liability coverage that you need.
       -Select any additional endorsements you want to add to your policy. For example, do you want the      personal property replacement cost endorsement?
Q:   What is "actual cash value?"
A:    When "actual cash value" is used in a policy, a policy owner is entitled to the depreciated value of the damaged property.
Q:   What is "replacement cost"?
A:    When "replacement cost" coverage is used in a policy, a policy owner is reimbursed an amount necessary to replace the article with one of the similar type and quality at current prices.
Q:   Where and when is my personal property covered?
A:    Coverage C of a homeowners policy provides named perils coverage. This applies to all your personal property (except property that is specifically excluded).
Q:   Should I purchase earthquake coverage?
A:    Direct damages due to earthquakes are not covered under the standard homeowners insurance policy. If you live in an area that is prone to earthquakes, you may want to consider adding an earthquake endorsement to your homeowners insurance policy. This endorsement will cover damages due to earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions and other earth movements.
Q:   Should I purchase flood coverage?
A:    If your property lies in a flood plain as determined by the US Government Flood Maps, then yes. Ask your independent agent about a flood quote. 

Thanks! Message sent.

bottom of page